Terms and Conditions of Sale & Purchase
- These terms and conditions relate to any products supplied to you through this website or any mobile application or other electronic means (“the Site”) by Penati Limited trading as Treasure House (“Treasure House”, “we” or “us”) to you, the customer or Site user (“you”). These terms and conditions together with the receipt of order and dispatch emails we send to you will form the agreement between you and us (“the Agreement”).
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us at any time by posting amended terms and conditions on the Site. The terms and conditions which apply to your purchase will be those terms and conditions applicable at the time of the purchase.
Your Account and Store Credit in Pounds (£)
- You must have registered for an account with Treasure House (“Account”) in order to purchase goods on our Site.
- Products advertised for sale on our Site can only be purchased using a Store Credit in Pounds - £ - (as defined in clause 2.3 below).
- A Store Credit in Pounds is credited to your Account in exchange for pre-owned clothes. The supply of a Store Credit in Pound in exchange for pre-owned clothes is dealt with at clause 9.
- You can check how much Store Credit in Pounds is currently credited to your Account by logging into your Account at any time after you have registered with us.
- Treasure House reserve the right to suspend the application for further Store Credit in Pound when the value of the credit into your Account reaches £1,000.
- We reserve the right to close your Account if it is inactive for more than 365 consecutive days. Periods of inactivity will run from the last clothes submission or purchase by you. You will lose any Store Credit in Pounds accrued to your Account if we close your Account due to inactivity. We will send an email to the email address you have registered with us 30 days before we close your Account confirming the options available to you.
- If you choose to terminate your Account whilst it is in credit you will lose any Store Credit in Pound accrued to your Account.
Purchasing products from Treasure House
- In order to purchase a product on our Site you must have a Account with us and you must have a sufficient Store Credit accrued to your Account. Each product description will specify how much Store Credit in Pounds is required to complete the purchase of that product. If you do not have a sufficient Store Credit in Pounds accrued to your Account you can buy items by card payment or via PayPal. We may allow cash purchases at our discretion.
- Please view the Site which explains how to place an order. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
- After you place an order for goods, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted.
- We will confirm our acceptance of your order to you by sending you a confirmation e-mail that confirms that the products have been dispatched (“Confirmation”). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Confirmation.
- If we are unable to supply you with a product, for example because that product is not in stock or no longer available or because we cannot meet your requested delivery date or because of an error in the price on our site, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If we have already debited your Account, we will refund you any Store Crefit in Pounds applied to the purchase of that product and any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
Payment and prices
- The Store Credit in Pounds is non-refundable. Please do not send us clothes to receive a Store Credit in Pounds unless you intend to use it exclusively for a purchase on our Site. You may cancel an order for a Store Credit in Pounds at any time within 14 days of your order. If you make a purchase with a Store Credit in Pounds in that time you agree to waive your right to cancel.
- At the time you place an order for goods, you authorise us to deduct the relevant number of Store Credit in Pounds from your Account. We may deduct the relevant number of Store Credit in Pound at any time between you placing the order and us accepting your order.
- The cash and Store Credit in Pounds prices payable for the items that you order are clearly set out on the Site. This will include the number of Store Credit in Pounds required and the cash alternative. If, by mistake, we have under-priced an item, we will not be liable to supply that item to you at the stated price provided that we notify you before we accept your order.
- The price of a product includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
- The price of a product listed does not include delivery charges unless otherwise stated.
- All prices are expressed inclusive of any VAT payable unless otherwise stated.
Availability and Products
- Any order you may place with us is subject to availability of the product ordered. We cannot and do not guarantee that any item shown on the Site will be available continuously or at any given time.
- If for any reason beyond our reasonable control, we are unable to supply a particular item, we will not be liable to you except to ensure that you are not charged for that item.
- The packaging of the products may vary from that shown on images on our site.
- The images of the products on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer's display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the products. Your products may vary slightly from those images.
- Many of the products we sell on our site are second hand. Our second hand product listings will contain a short description of the condition of the product but, whilst we request all products submitted to Treasure House are cleaned in accordance with the product care instructions and use reasonable endeavours to ensure products are free of material defects, we do not provide any guarantee as to the cleanliness of the product or that it will be free from marks or defects.
- Delivery will be made to the address specified by you on the completed order form. Our delivery charges will be specified at the time the order is placed.
- At the time you place an order we may not be able to provide an exact date of delivery. In those circumstances we will endeavour to provide you with an approximate delivery time when you place the order and we or our delivery partners will contact you again when we are able to specify a date.
- We will endeavour to deliver items within the United Kingdom within 1 – 7 working days of confirming acceptance of your order but we are not able to guarantee any specific delivery date. We will not be liable if we fail to do so in part or in full due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Whilst we will use reasonable endeavours to deliver the items on the agreed date we will not be liable for any failure to deliver on the stated date or at the stated time.
- If you order products from our site for delivery outside of the European Union, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches that destination. Please note that we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount.
- You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
- You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the products are destined. We will not be liable or responsible if you break any such law.
Your Right to Cancel
- You can cancel or change any of your current orders for goods prior to dispatch by contacting us on email@example.com
- Please see our returns and cancellation policy which explains your right to cancel a contract for the purchase of products without giving a reason and how you can exercise that right.
- Personalised or perishable items or items with a hygiene element may not be returned unless they are defective
- Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 any products supplied must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.
- If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject faulty products you must tell us within a reasonable time of discovering the defect (and if the defect is reasonably apparent immediately then you must tell us within 30 days). You will then need to return the product in person, post it back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection.
Sales to Treasure House
Selling products to Treasure House
- Treasure House may accept pre-owned goods, including clothing and other items we confirm that we accept, from its users in exchange for a Store Credit in Pounds (£) subject to the products meeting the strict quality criteria outlined on our Site.
- Products submitted by our users must be in good condition and washed or dry cleaned in accordance with the product washing instructions. Products received in poor or soiled condition or with material defects will be rejected and will either be destroyed, donated to charity or returned to the sender at their own cost.
- We will notify you via email if a product you have submitted is rejected by us (“Rejection Notice”). The Rejection Notice will ask you to confirm your preference for how the rejected product should be dealt with. You must notify us of your preference within 14 days of receipt of the date of the Rejection Notice. We reserve the right to destroy the rejected product or donate it to a charity of our choice if we do not receive your response within 14 days.
- Where a product is accepted, Treasure House will accrue a Store Credit in Pounds to your Account in exchange for that product. Title to the goods will transfer to us at this point. Should you not be happy with the number of Store Credit in Pounds accrued to your Account please contact us within 14 days so we can try to resolve the matter with you.
- Where you do not accept our offer and request that a product is returned to you, you will be responsible for the cost of return postage.
- The Store Credit Calculator on our Site will provide you with an estimate of the Store Credit amount you are likely to receive in exchange for a particular product. However, this is an indication only and will not be binding on us. We will not provide you with a formal offer until we have received the product from you.
- You agree to indemnify us against any loss damage costs or expenses we suffer as a result of any defect in a product you supply to us.
- Subject as expressly provided in these terms and conditions, and where you are not dealing as a consumer (within the meaning of the Consumer Rights Act 2015), all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded extent permitted by law.
- If you are a consumer your statutory rights are not affected by any of these terms and conditions.
- Many of the products we sell on our Site are second hand and the quality and condition of these products will vary. Some products may be stained, worn or have other minor defects. We will use our reasonable endeavours to include reference to any such defects within the product description and you are responsible for reviewing all information relating to that product on the Site before submitting your order.
- Any claim by you which is based on any defect in the quality of the products supplied or their failure to correspond with specification must be notified to us as soon as possible from the date of delivery (and in any case, within 30 days of delivery) or (where the defect or failure was not apparent on reasonable inspection) within a reasonable time after discovery of the defect or failure. If you do not notify us accordingly, you will not be entitled to reject the products and we shall have no liability for such defect or failure.
- Where any valid claim in respect of any of the items supplied which is based on any defect in the quality or condition or their failure to meet its specification is notified to us in accordance with these terms and conditions, we shall replace or repair the items free of charge or refund to you the price of the item, but we shall have no further liability to you.
- We will not be liable to you by reason of any representation, or any implied warranty, condition or other term or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of these terms or this Agreement, for any consequential loss or damage (whether for lost profit, lost opportunity or lost reputation or otherwise), costs expenses or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (and whether caused by our negligence, our employees or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of products or their use or resale by you, except as expressly provided in these conditions.
- Our entire liability under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall not exceed the price of the items supplied.
- Nothing in this clause 10 or any other of these terms and conditions will exclude or limit our liability in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- These terms and conditions and this Agreement will be subject to the laws of England and Wales unless you are ordering from a European Union country outside of England and Wales and you are relying on compulsory consumer rights in your that country. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently.
- If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so within the United Kingdom.
- If you are not a consumer, you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use our site to purchase products.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
- This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations.
- We shall not be responsible for any breach of these terms and conditions caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- If you have any queries or wish to make any complaints about us or our products please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Treasure House c/o Fairway PSD Ltd Unit 3, Langley Business Centre, Station Road, Langley Berkshire SL3 8DS. If we have been unable to resolve your complaint or dispute please note that disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform which is available here: